employment logo
Search Jobs
Follow Us:  facebook  
Inside Harvard
Benefits & Perks
Learning & Development
Professional Development
Leadership Development
Bridge to Learning and Literacy
Work/Life Resources

The Division of Continuing Education (Extension School) offers a range of graduate and undergraduate courses to over 20,000 students each year.


Learning & Development

Learning opportunities @ Harvard

Education is at the heart of the Harvard experience, not only for students, but also for all members of the Harvard community. Harvard’s Center for Workplace Development (CWD) offers a wide range of courses designed to increase your knowledge, skills, and overall success. The range of offerings includes professional, managerial, career development, and computer courses – including hundreds of Web-based programs – for all employees. In addition, CWD offers the Bridge to Learning and Literacy program, which is a worker education program open to all hourly employees and members of the Harvard Union of Clerical and Technical Workers (HUCTW).

Harvard's Tuition Assistance Plan

The University encourages lifelong learning by subsidizing undergraduate and graduate-level courses taken at Harvard and elsewhere through the Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP). TAP is a great way to enhance career skills or pursue a personal academic interest. Available to professional, administrative, support and teaching staff, TAP can help finance courses at most Harvard programs, as well as job-related courses at other institutions. Using TAP, classes are only $40 at the Harvard Extension School – the most popular choice of staff at Harvard with its hundreds of evening classes and flexible and challenging degree programs or 10 percent of the tuition at other eligible Harvard programs, including Harvard's graduate schools of education, government, public health, design and more.

Employees can earn college degrees with TAP, enhancing their skills and job marketability. Using TAP, Employees may pursue an undergraduate degree at the Harvard Extension School or other local colleges. A graduate degree or one of several graduate certificates may also be earned at TAP-eligible programs at the Harvard Extension School, the Graduate School of Education and the School of Public Health.