Discover Dependent Care Resources @ Harvard
Caring for elders is an increasingly common challenge requiring many financial and emotional resources. Harvard offers faculty and staff
the following sources of support:
- Eldercare resource and referral service, through Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency/back-up in-home care – Harvard has contracted with a local agency to provide in-home caregivers for the children or
elderly relatives of faculty and staff on an emergency/back-up basis. Faculty and staff members pay a subsidized corporate rate for this service.
- Flexible Spending Account to help defray the costs of caring for a dependent elder.
Through its Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Harvard offers help with:
- Marital, relationship or family concerns
- Domestic violence
- Drug, alcohol and gambling problems
- Legal, financial, and debt counseling
Harvard employees can learn more about offered through Harvard's EAP by visting HARVie, Harvard's intranet for employees.